Cheng holds a B.S. in electrical engineering from Simon Fraser University. In addition to computer games, his hobbies include board and card games, as well as playing the guitar and cooking.
Cheng joined Blizzard in 2003. He contributed to bosses in World of Warcraft, such as the Twin Emperors, Patchwerk, and the Four Horsemen. He worked on Diablo III from the earliest days of its development., serving as the senior game designer  He worked on the design of the Witch Doctor. He later served as the technical game designer for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Cheng is currently the lead game designer for Diablo Immortal. Reportedly, Cheng wanted a break from Diablo III, which he had worked on for ten years.
- The Butcher is his favorite boss within the series. He finished the original game within a single sitting when it came out.
- Among his favorite classes are the Assassin, Amazon, and Druid.
- Is pretty sure people have phones.
- ↑ 2018-11-03, Exclusive Interview On Developing Diablo Immortal. YouTube, accessed on 2018-11-07
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2014-11-07, BlizzCon 2014 Press Kit
- ↑ 2017-08-02, How Blizzard Saved Diablo 3 From Disaster. Kotaku, accessed on 2017-08-06
- ↑ 2016-10-16, The Future of Diablo: What's Next?. Blizzpro, accessed on 2016-10-17
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2018-11-06, 블리즈컨 2018, 디아블로 이모탈 인터뷰 정리!. YouTube, accessed on 2018-11-09
- ↑ 2013-12-05, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Gameplay Systems + Crusader Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-02-21
- ↑ 2018-11-03, Blizzard could have avoided the Diablo Immortal PR catastrophe. Blizzard Watch, accessed on 2018-11-07
- ↑ 2018-11-22, The Past, Present, And Future Of Diablo. Kotaku, accessed on 2018-11-22
- ↑ 2016-11-07, Diablo III: Diablo 20th Anniversary Panel (BlizzCon 2016). YouTube, accessed on 2016-11-07