A Vex rune is a high rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Vex is the least rare of the high runes, but is still valued for its use in several popular rune words such as Heart of the Oak.
|Weapon||7% Mana Stolen Per Hit|
|Body armor or helm||5% To Maximum Fire Resist|
|Shield||5% To Maximum Fire Resist|
Socketing an item with a Vex rune increases the item's level requirement to 55, unless it was already higher.
The Act 1 (H) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Vex rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Vex runes are used in seven rune words.
- Breath of the Dying 'VexHelElEldZodEth' weapon
- Death 'HelElVexOrtGul' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Destruction 'VexLoBerJahKo' polearm or sword (ladder only)
- Exile 'VexOhmIstDol' paladin-only item
- Heart of the Oak 'KoVexPulThul' staff or mace
- Phoenix 'VexVexLoJah' weapon or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Silence 'DolEldHelIstTirVex' weapon
Vex runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Vex runes and a normal emerald to create one Ohm rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)