An Um rune is a mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Although Um runes are only somewhat rare, their use in some popular rune words, such as Duress, and their all resists mod make them fairly valuable.
|Weapon||25% Chance of Open Wounds|
|Body armor or helm||All Resistances +15|
|Shield||All Resistances +22|
Socketing an item with an Um rune increases the item's level requirement to 47, unless it was already higher.
The increase in resistances offered by the Um rune in a shield is somewhat higher than that of a Perfect Diamond; however, as this is offset by its rarity and expense, the Um rune is most often used in socketed body armor and helms.
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Um runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare or hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Um rune as part of its quest reward. Um is the highest rune that nightmare Hellforge can drop.
The Act 4 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Um rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Um runes are used in ten rune words.
- Beast 'BerTirUmMalLum' axe, scepter or hammer
- Bone 'SolUmUm' body armor
- Chains of Honor 'DolUmBerIst' body armor
- Chaos 'FalOhmUm' katar
- Crescent Moon 'ShaelUmTir' axe, sword or polearm
- Doom 'HelOhmUmLoCham' axe, polearm or hammer
- Duress 'ShaelUmThul' body armor
- Gloom 'FalUmPul' body armor
- Kingslayer 'MalUmGulFal' sword or axe
- Stone 'ShaelUmPulLum' body armor
Um runes are used in two Horadric Cube recipes.