A Thul rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Thul runes are common, but useful for the Spirit rune word, and Horadric Cube recipes such as crafting Caster boots.
|Weapon||Adds 3-14 Cold Damage — 3 Second Duration|
|Body armor or helm||Cold Resist 30%|
|Shield||Cold Resist 35%|
Socketing an item with a Thul rune increases the item's level requirement to 23, unless it was already higher.
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Thul runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Thul rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 4 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Thul rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Thul runes are used in eight rune words.
- Black 'ThulIoNef' club, hammer or mace
- Duress 'ShaelUmThul' body armor
- Heart of the Oak 'KoVexPulThul' staff or mace
- King's Grace 'AmnRalThul' sword or scepter
- Obedience 'HelKoThulEthFal' polearm (ladder only)
- Peace 'ShaelThulAmn' body armor
- Spirit 'TalThulOrtAmn' sword or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Treachery 'ShaelThulLem' body armor
Thul runes are used in eight Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Thul runes and a chipped topaz to create one Amn rune.
- Transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power amulet.
- Transmute magic plate mail or exceptional/elite version (templar coat or hellforge plate), a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect ruby to create crafted Blood body armor.
- Transmute magic boots or exceptional/elite version (demonhide boots or wyrmhide boots), a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster boots.
- Transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety amulet.
- Transmute normal quality unsocketed body armor, a Tal rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect topaz to add a random number of sockets to the body armor.
- Transmute a normal quality unsocketed helm, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to add a random number of sockets to the helm.
- Transmute a basic rare armor, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.