The set consists of six pieces. All six are required to complete the set, and all of them are Wizard-restricted.
- Typhon's Claws (Hands)
- Typhon's Tibia (Shoulders)
- Typhon's Abdomen (Legs)
- Typhon's Tarsus (Feet)
- Typhon's Thorax (Torso)
- Typhon's Frons (Head)
- Doubles the duration of Hydras and increases the number of heads on multi-headed Hydras by two (2 pieces)
- Damage taken is reduced by 8% for each Hydra head alive, as long as there is one available. Each time you take damage, a Hydra head dies, but no more than once every 2 seconds (4 pieces)
- Hydras deal 2000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive (6 pieces)
The first Bonus does not apply to the Mammoth Hydra Rune, since it only has a single head. Remember that the Serpent's Sparker Wand still allows summoning two Hydras at once, though, to a total of up to 10 heads.
The second Bonus is calculated per head, so basically each active Hydra adds 5 stacks (three base heads + two from the first bonus). Taking damage reducing the number of heads is less dangerous than it sounds since Hydra builds are by definition kiting-oriented.
The third Bonus stacks additively, boosting all damage done by each head. Simple math suggests that two Hydras with 10 heads in total will deal 10 x 2,000% = 20,000% increased damage.
The Magistrate is recommended with this set.
- The set is likely named after Typhon, the serpentine giant from Greek mythology, who was also a father to Lernaean Hydra (which in turn, inspired the Hydra archetype).