- "I’ve read legends about a sage named Ku Y’leh, who studied the mysteries of life beyond death. If I remember correctly, his ashes were ensconced within a golden statuette." - Deckard Cain
The Golden Bird is the first quest of Act III. Unusually, it isn't assigned by any NPC. Instead, it is initiated after the player kills the first random Unique Monster they find in the Spider Forest just outside the Kurast Docks.
In the past, there was a sage named Ku Y'leh who studied the mysteries of life beyond death. Some rumors say he actually found some life-extending recipes. His ashes were said to have been stored within a statuette of a Golden Bird. His ashes might prove to a potent ingredient in special elixirs.
Killing a random Unique monster will drop a unique item, a Jade Figurine. The Quest Log will update the player on the convoluted, non-combat path they must follow:
- First, the player must take the jade figurine to Deckard Cain, who tells them that Meshif just so happens to collect jade figurines.
- Meshif will take the figurine and give the player a golden bird statuette in exchange, which must be brought to back to Cain.
- The statuette reminds Cain of a story about a sage named Ku Y'leh, ashes were said to have been stored within a statuette of a golden bird.
- The quest log will direct the player to Alkor, who confirms the bird is indeed that of Ku Y'leh, and tells the player to busy themselves while he experiments.
- Upon returning to Alkor (which can be done immediately), he presents the player with Potion of Life, which permanently boosts total health by twenty points.
- The player can talk to other NPCs for a denouement.
|Diablo II and Lord of Destruction quests|
|Diablo II quests|
Act I — Den of Evil • Sisters' Burial Grounds •
Search for Cain • The Forgotten Tower • Tools of the Trade • Sisters to the Slaughter
|Diablo II: Lord of Destruction quests|
|Act V — Siege on Harrogath • Rescue on Mount Arreat • Prison of Ice • Betrayal of Harrogath • Rite of Passage • Eve of Destruction|