|Sword of Justice|
|Published||November 23, 2011—August 29, 2012 (initial run)|
July 9, 2013 (paperback)
The paperback graphic novel collection went on sale July 9, 2013.
The main character, Jacob, receives visions of an ancient prophecy from Tyrael's sword. The prophecy leads him to the archangel. It is set 20 years after the events of Lord of Destruction and acts as a bridge between Diablo II and its sequel, giving information on what has been happening in Sanctuary in the two decade gap between games. It is mostly centered in the Dreadlands and the Arreat Crater. Other locations glimpsed at include Lut Gholein.
- An interview with the comic creators indicated that the events took place not long before those of Diablo III. Text in Storm of Light however indicates that it happened long beforehand. Diablo Immortal establishes that the events must take place before the year 1270.
- The series was written as the storyline for Diablo III was being developed, and so was subject to redrafts. One draft had Jacob visiting the Forgotten Tower.
- Diablo: Sword of Justice (Paperback). Amazon. Accessed 2013-05-24.
- Medievaldragon. 2012-07-23. SDCC 2011 – Diablo: Sword of Justice 5-issues Comic Book Mini-Series On Sale 2012. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-07-23.
- 2012-12-19, Blizzplanet Interviews DC Comics Diablo: Sword of Justice writer Aaron Williams and artist Joseph Lacroix. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2012-05-28 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Interview" defined multiple times with different content
- 2012-04-29, Sword of Justice Comic Creators Interview. Diablo Expert, accessed on 2012-05-28
- 2018-11-06, DIABLO IMMORTAL: CLASSES, ABILITIES, WORLD, AND Q&A AT BLIZZCON 2018. Blizzpro, accessed on 2018-11-13