| Steed Charge|
Class: Crusader (Diablo III)
Required Level: 13
Skill Category: Utility
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Mount a celestial war horse that allows the Crusader to ride through enemies unhindered for 2 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Can be cast on the move; Breaks Crowd Control effects; Can be used while under Crowd Control effects
Steed Charge is a Utility Crusader skill.
While active, increases movement speed by +150% (normally to 250-275%), but prevents from using any other active skills for 0.4 seconds. Using any skill after 0.4 seconds will cancel Steed Charge prematurely.
The warhorse can carry the Crusader through enemies and most objects (including Waller barriers), and frees from all kind of Crowd Control effects, but cannot carry through the impassable terrain, including closed doors.
Note that the Crusader stays vulnerable to attack and fully targetable by enemies while mounted.
- Spiked Barding: also deals 500% of the Crusader's Thorns damage per tick (not per hit) to enemies through which the warhorse charges.
- Nightmare: the warhorse also leaves a trail of fire that deals 550% damage per tick as Fire and lasts 4 seconds.
- Rejuvenation: while active, also heals the Crusader for 7.5% of maximum Life per second.
- Endurance: increases the duration to 3 seconds.
- Draw and Quarter: up to 5 enemies within 15 yards of the Crusader are bound with chains when the Steed Charge is activated, being paralyzed and dragged with the Crusader for the entire duration, dealing 185% damage as Holy per second to each. Does not affect enemies immune to Knockback, and counts as Knockback for the duration.
- Swiftmount (Legendary Flail): doubles the duration of Steed Charge, including all secondary effects of skill runes.
- Norvald's Fervor Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): increases duration by 2 seconds, increases all damage done by 100% while Steed Charge is active (and 5 seconds after it ends), and reduces remaining cooldown by 1 second for each enemy killed.
The Steed Charge ability was conceptualized in sync with the Crusader's "knight in battle-scarred armor" ethos.
- In World of Warcraft: Legion, Paladins have an identical ability, inspired by Steed Charge.