Required Level: 6
Skill Tree: Lightning Spells
Cost: 9 Mana
Every enemy in a radius around you loses 25% of their current health.
Damage Type: Lightning
Synergies: Nova, Thunder Storm
Other Stats: Reduced effect on higher difficulties; Reduced effect on players
A devastating spell of limited range, Static Field instantly removes a good portion of the health of nearby enemies. Thusly injured, enemies are easy prey to the follow-up attacks of the Sorceress or her party members. Subsequent castings do less damage, but in combination with other spells or a decisive melee attack, a Sorceress can rely on this powerful ability to quickly dispatch even the strongest of foes.
- Gives synergy to :
- Receives synergy from : None
Static Field cuts the life of all surrounding enemies within a certain radius of the player by 25% of their current (not maximum!) life. This can be cast consecutively to lower an enemy's life considerably, and it does work on bosses; however, in Nightmare Static Field does not reduce an enemy's health below 33%, and in Hell it doesn't lower Life below 50%.
Additional points into Static Field do not increase its damage; it only increases its radius of effect; therefore, many players choose to only put one point into it, as it still retains its effectiveness even at low levels.
Several items grant Static Field skill:
- Spire of Lazarus, unique Gnarled Staff: +3 to class skill
- Ormus' Robes, Unique Dusk Shroud: +3 to class skill
- Staves and orbs: +1-3 to class skill
- Memory, staff runeword: +2 to class skill
- Crescent Moon, axe/sword/polearm runeword: CtC on striking, 7%, level 13
- Schaefer's Hammer, unique Legendary Mallet: CtC on striking, 20%, level 10
- Stormlash, unique Scourge: CtC on striking, 15%, level 10
- Cow King's Leathers set: CtC when struck, 25%, level 5
- Hwanin's Refuge, set Tigulated Mail, CtC when struck, 10%, level 3
Mana Cost: 9
Damage: 25% Remaining Life
- Will only work to 33% life on Nightmare difficulty
- Will only work to 50% life on Hell difficulty