A Sol rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Sol runes are fairly common, but useful for low level rune words such as Insight and Lore, and Horadric Cube recipes such as crafting Blood rings.
Effects[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||+9 To Minimum Damage|
|Body armor or helm||Damage Reduced By 7|
|Shield||Damage Reduced By 7|
Socketing an item with a Sol rune increases the item's level requirement to 27, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Sol runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Sol rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 4 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Sol rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Sol runes are used in eleven rune words.
- Bone 'SolUmUm' body armor
- Dragon 'SurLoSol' body armor or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Enlightenment 'PulRalSol' body armor
- Eternity 'AmnBerIstSolSur' melee weapon
- Fortitude 'ElSolDolLo' weapon or body armor (ladder only)
- Harmony 'TirIthSolKo' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Honor 'AmnElIthTirSol' melee weapon
- Insight 'RalTirTalSol' polearm or staff (ladder only)
- Lore 'OrtSol' helm
- Memory 'LumIoSolEth' staff
- Radiance 'NefSolIth' helm
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Sol runes are used in four Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Sol runes and a chipped sapphire to create one Shael rune.
- Transmute a magic ring, a jewel, a Sol rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood ring.
- Transmute a magic spear, a jewel, a Sol rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety weapon.
- Transmute a basic unique weapon, a Ral rune, a Sol rune, and a perfect emerald to upgrade the unique weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.