|This page contains future content|
This article contains information that has not yet been released. The subject matter may not be accurate and/or may change before release.
- "The Rogue is an adaptable, agile warrior who can specialize in ranged or close quarters combat. She can best any foe with her imbued weapons, perform powerful combo attacks, and can augment her arsenal with deadly poisons and shadow magic to slay demons with impunity."
Rogues can alternate between ranged weapons (bows/crossbows) and melee weapons (daggers/swords). Just like the Barbarian's Arsenal system, they can alternate between these weapon categories, so there is no locking out of skill options by picking a weapon choice. A skill's stats will depend on the appropriate weapon's stats: i.e. ranged skills will be calculated using ranged weapon. Another pillar of the class is mobility, which can be used for assault, quick repositioning, or to retreat.
The Rogue has three different specializations: Combo Points, Exploit Weakness, and Shadow Realm. Each one is tied to a world-Rogue group and requires accomplishing a Rogue-specific quest to unlock. These three groups include the remnants of the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye, the mercenaries of Kehjistan, and the outlaw smugglers of Hawezar.
Rogues can lace their weapons with cursed oils, applying Shadow damage to them and cursing enemies hit by them. Enemies that die while cursed explode, which deal a large amount of damage to nearby targets and can be an effective screen clear if a player can maintain the AoE momentum. Just like the Sorceress, they can also apply Chill effects with Cold attacks that builds up to a full Freeze over time.
- 2021-02-21, BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo IV: What's Next. YouTube, accessed on 2021-02-28
- 2021-02-20, DIABLO DEEP DIVE PANEL RECAP. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2021-02-28
- 2021-02-20, Diablo 4’s Rogue is an Olympic gymnast with a pair of bloody knives. Blizzard Watch, accessed on 2021-04-01
- 2021-03-05, Diablo 4 Interview: "It Was A Day 0 Decision." Lead Developer Thoughts. YouTube, accessed on 2021-03-05