A Ral rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ral runes are common, but useful for crafting Caster amulets, repairing and recharging armor, and other Horadric Cube recipes.
Effects[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||Adds 5–30 Fire Damage|
|Body armor or helm||Fire Resist 30%|
|Shield||Fire Resist 35%|
Socketing an item with a Ral rune increases the item's level requirement to 19, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Ral runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Ral rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 3 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Ral rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Ral runes are used in ten rune words.
- Ancient's Pledge 'RalOrtTal' off-hand armor
- Bramble 'RalOhmSurEth' body armor
- Call to Arms 'AmnRalMalIstOhm' weapon
- Enlightenment 'PulRalSol' body armor
- Grief 'EthTirLoMalRal' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Insight 'RalTirTalSol' polearm or staff (ladder only)
- King's Grace 'AmnRalThul' sword or scepter
- Leaf 'TirRal' staff
- Principle 'RalGulEld' body armor
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Ral runes are used in eleven Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ral runes to create one Ort rune.
- Transmute magic chain boots or exceptional/elite version (mesh boots or boneweave boots), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect sapphire to create crafted Hit Power boots.
- Transmute a magic helm or exceptional/elite version (casque or armet), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood helm.
- Transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster amulet.
- Transmute magic gauntlets or exceptional/elite version (war gauntlets or ogre gauntlets), a jewel, a Ral rune, and a perfect emerald to create crafted Safety gloves.
- Transmute a normal quality unsocketed weapon, a Ral rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect amethyst to add a random number of sockets to the weapon.
- Transmute a normal quality unsocketed helm, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to add a random number of sockets to the helm.
- Transmute a basic unique weapon, a Ral rune, a Sol rune, and a perfect emerald to upgrade the unique weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute a basic rare armor, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute non-ethereal armor and a Ral rune to repair the armor's durability.
- Transmute non-ethereal armor, a Ral rune and a flawed gem to repair the armor's durability and restore the armor's skill charges.