Wearing the Puzzle Ring will effectively prevent players from getting common items for crafting. The Rare Items dropped by the summoned goblin always have 6 affixes, and its counter persists through death, changing locations, and un-equipping the ring, though it still will not persist across game sessions. Also, the goblin will make a sound when its counter reaches max and it drops an item, and it does not pick up the items intended for Transmogrification.
- Note that while one can use a ring of any level (not necessarily maximum) to open the portal, lower-level rings will accordingly reduce the yield from the Vault, even if a max-level character actually performs the run.
As of patch 2.6.5, using an Ancient or Primal Ring will, conversely, increase the difficulty and reward of the Vault, replacing every single Vault Sentry with a Treasure Goblin instead. Visually, the Ancient Vault will be much darker as well.
Stats (Level 29)
- Attack Speed Increased by 5.0–7.0%
- +32–35% Extra Gold from Monsters
- Summon a Treasure Goblin who picks up normal-quality items for you. After picking up 12–16 items, he drops a rare item with a chance for a legendary.
- One of 3 Magic Properties (varies)
- +2 Random Magic Properties
Clearly the product of an ingenious and befuddling mind, this ring has interlocking pieces that rotate and shift to reveal strange glowing patterns. Every configuration reveals a different magical property.