Bearing the Puzzle Ring will effectively prevent player from getting common items for crafting. The rare items dropped always have 6 affixes, and counter persists through death and changing locations. It does not pick up the items intended for Transmogrification. You can drop common items from your inventory to give to your loot goblin.
Note that while one can use a Ring of any level (not necessarily maximum) to open the portal, lower level Rings will accordingly reduce the yield from the Vault, even if a max-level character actually performs the run.
As of patch 2.6.5, using an Ancient or Primal ring will, conversely, increase the difficulty and reward of the Vault, replacing every single Vault Sentry with a Treasure Goblin. Visually, the Ancient Vault will be much darker.
Stats (Level 29)
- Summon a Treasure Goblin who picks up normal-quality items for you. After picking up 12–16 items, he drops a rare item with a chance for a legendary
- One of 3 Magic Properties (varies)
- +13–14% Extra Gold from Monsters
- Attack Speed Increased by 3.0–4.0%
- +2 Random Magic Properties
Clearly the product of an ingenious and befuddling mind, this ring has interlocking pieces that rotate and shift to reveal strange glowing patterns. Every configuration reveals a different magical property.