The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Patch 1.07, released summer of 2001.
Skill Balance Changes
- In expansion games, Blessed Hammer/Concentration combination imbalance has been corrected.
- In non-expansion games, the Blessed Hammer/Concentration combination remains the same.
- Zeal is now limited to 5 swings and gives an increased percentage to Attack Rating.
- Fixed display for Vengeance's damage to reflect its actual damage.
- Salvation resistance increased.
- Increased damage for Fist of the Heavens.
- Decreased the length of time that Converted monsters fight for you.
- Increased the damage per level for Sanctuary.
- Increased the Smite damage for Holy Shield.
- Increased resistance bonus for Resist Fire, Resist Cold, Resist Lightning, and Salvation.
- Increased the Mana regeneration rate for Meditation.
- Added melee lightning damage to Holy Shock.
- Added melee damage to undead to Sanctuary.
- Allowed Conviction to reduce an enemy's resistance to a negative value.
- Increased the player's resistance penalty for Conviction.
- Added a damage bonus to Fanaticism.
- In expansion games, Whirlwind is now properly modified by weapon speed.
- In non-expansion games, Whirlwind remains the same.
- Frenzy, Double Swing, and Double Throw are now properly modified by weapon speed.
- Added damage bonuses to Concentrate and Frenzy.
- Frenzy now increases in attack speed as more monsters are hit.
- Increased the damage bonus on Berserk.
- Changed Battle Orders bonus to increase by 3% per level at all levels.
- Increased the damage of War Cry.
- Strafe has a greater range.
- Impale and Jab are now properly modified by weapon speed.
- Impale increases damage with level and decreases the chance to lose durability.
- Fend is now uninterruptible and does more damage.
- Increased the damage of Hydra.
- Lightning Mastery now affects electrical damage rather than decreasing the Mana cost of those skills.
- Added a casting timer to Fire Wall, Meteor, Blizzard, Frozen Orb, and Hydra and commensurately increased their damage to prevent a drop in frame rate, while maintaining the same overall balance.
- Decreased the Mana cost for Enchant and increased its bonus to fire damage.
- The damage inflicted by most skills over level 8 has been increased.
- Enhanced the damage and decreased duration for Poison Dagger, Poison Explosion and Poison Nova.
- Increased duration and adjusted radius for Decrepify.
- Fixed Iron Maiden+Blood Golem bug and increased the Blood Golem's Life stealing.
- Fixed a bug with Paladin skills and party/hostility on the borders of town.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a Necromancer to summon more than one Golem at a time.
- Player can no longer steal Life/Mana from inanimate objects.
- Fire Mastery now correctly increases damage to the Hydra skill.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented Hirelings from dying along with the player.
- Fixed the double-draw bug in some skill effects, including Blizzard, to improve frame rate.
- Fixed the updating of the summonables' health bar on their icons.
- Fixed a bug with left-hand swinging on the right-hand spell selection side.
- Fixed the pop-up description for Fist of the Heavens.
- Fixed the overlapping of the character name and level name in the party screen.
- Fixed bug with Barbarian Masteries.
- Gambling prices are now based on the character level.
- Sets and Uniques can no longer be gambled for.
- Boss monsters now do 30% less damage to Hirelings and minions than before.
- Monsters now display if they are Undead or Demon, when highlighted. If nothing is listed, they are an "Animal" type.
- General levels for monsters in Nightmare and Hell difficulty have been adjusted.
- Maximum monster level is now level 70 in Nightmare and level 90 in Hell.
- Monsters in Nightmare/Hell difficulty, have higher Resistances, Hit Points, and lower Attack Ratings than before.
- Poison Damage attacks from Monsters, do more damage than before.
- Mana and Life stealing effects are reduced by half in Nightmare and Hell.
- Retrieving your corpse where it died in Nightmare and Hell restores 50% of any experience lost at death.
- Adjusted the stocking of vendor inventories based on difficulty level.
- Adjusted how Hirelings gain experience.
- Adjusted how Hirelings react to missiles.
- Adjusted Hireling resistances.
- Increased the amount of Gold a character can hold in the Stash.
- Increased the power of all Gems/Skulls and added level requirements.
- Increased the power of all Throwing Potions and added level requirements.
- Increased the resistance penalty in Nightmare difficulty to -40 and Hell difficulty to -100.
- Sounds for Gems in inventory have changed.
- Looting corpses is available only in Hardcore games.
- In multi-player, you may only go hostile once per minute with each other player in your game.
- New Party Experience Bonus to players in a Party in multiplayer.
- Crystal Swords have an increased durability.
- Scepter class items have increased damage.
- Holding down SHIFT and RIGHT-Clicking, when buying health potions, auto-fills any empty slots in the belt. This applies to buying scrolls of Town Portal and Identify scrolls too.
- Holding down SHIFT and LEFT-Clicking on health potions in inventory, will auto-move them to the appropriate column in your belt.
- Added a new 'Repair All' button for equipped items at the blacksmith in each Act.
- New Auto-Map functionality. Players can adjust the size of the Auto-Map in the "Auto-Map Options" menu, switching to the new "Mini-Map".
- Up to 8 "Hotkeys" are available to assign skills to now.
- Improved the displays for character status screens.
- Total blocking % is now shown and is a related to a player's level and dexterity.
- Chance to Hit and Defense against last monster fought is now shown.
- Maximum Resistances are now shown in Gold color.
- Elemental damage only items, display colors for elemental type damage.
- Wells now heal hirelings.
- Removed collisions for players with pets.
- Pets health will scale up accordingly in Nightmare and Hell difficulty.
- Player can no longer steal Life/Mana from certain monster types.
- Names of pre-existing Rare Items have changed. However, the item properties have not.
- The maximum damage of Enhanced Damage items may change 1-3 points.
- The damage of many items has been increased.
- Items with one or two sockets may gain an additional socket.
- After patching, newly discovered Set and Unique items will have additional level requirements.
- Level requirements have not changed for Classic Set items (those discovered in the original Diablo II).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.