An Ort rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ort runes are common, but useful for the Spirit rune word, and Horadric Cube recipes such as crafting Hit Power gloves and repairing and recharging weapons.
Effects[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||Adds 1–50 Lightning Damage|
|Body armor or helm||Lightning Resist 30%|
|Shield||Lightning Resist 35%|
Socketing an item with an Ort rune increases the item's level requirement to 21, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on nightmare or hell difficulty can include Ort runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Ort rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 4 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Ort rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Ort runes are used in nine rune words.
- Ancient's Pledge 'RalOrtTal' off-hand armor
- Death 'HelElVexOrtGul' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Famine 'FalOhmOrtJah' axe or hammer
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Lore 'OrtSol' helm
- Passion 'DolOrtEldLem' weapon
- Rain 'OrtMalIth' body armor
- Spirit 'TalThulOrtAmn' sword or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Zephyr 'OrtEth' missile weapon
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Ort runes are used in eight Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ort runes to create one Thul rune.
- Transmute magic chain gloves or exceptional/elite version (heavy bracers or vambraces), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect sapphire to create crafted Hit Power gloves.
- Transmute a magic axe, a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood weapon.
- Transmute magic leather gloves or exceptional/elite version (demonhide gloves or bramble mitts), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster gloves.
- Transmute magic greaves or exceptional/elite version (war boots or myrmidon greaves), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect emerald to create crafted Safety boots.
- Transmute a basic rare weapon, an Ort rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect sapphire to upgrade the rare weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.
- Transmute a non-ethereal weapon and an Ort rune to repair the weapon's durability.
- Transmute a non-ethereal weapon, an Ort rune and a chipped gem to repair the weapon's durability and restore the weapon's skill charges.