Effects[edit | edit source]
|Body armor or helm||+30 Defense Vs. Missile|
|Shield||+30 Defense Vs. Missile|
Socketing an item with a Nef rune increases the item's level requirement to 13, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Nef runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Nef rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 2 Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Nef rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Nef runes are used in six rune words.
- Black 'ThulIoNef' club, hammer or mace
- Melody 'ShaelKoNef' missile weapon
- Myth 'HelAmnNef' body armor
- Nadir 'NefTir' helm
- Radiance 'NefSolIth' helm
- Smoke 'NefLum' body armor
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Nef runes are used in five Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Nef runes to create one Eth rune.
- Transmute magic field plate or exceptional/elite version (sharktooth armor or kraken shell), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power body armor.
- Transmute magic heavy gloves or exceptional/elite version (sharkskin gloves or vampirebone gloves), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood gloves.
- Transmute a magic mask or exceptional/elite version (death mask or demonhead), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster helm.
- Transmute a magic kite shield or exceptional/elite version (dragon shield or monarch), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety shield.