Myriam was emotionally scarred by an experience where she tried to use her foresight to change the future. She encountered a girl who had been toying with dark magic, but when Myriam foresaw demonic possession in her future, the girl begged her for help. Because the magic had already tainted her, ceasing its practice would not be enough. Ergo, Myriam crafted her a protective charm. However, while the demon couldn't possess the girl, it spitefully possessed her father instead, killing the girl's mother and sister. When the demon showed the man what he had done, he took his own life. Last Myriam heard, the girl she had saved had been committed to an asylum. Since then, Myriam refused to change the outcomes seen through her foresight.
The Reaper of Souls
Myriam was in Westmarch when the Reapers moved against it. She proved to be no match against them and was trapped by their relentless advance. Fortunately for her, the heroes who were responsible for destroying Diablo in the High Heavens were making their way through Westmarch, successfully rescuing her in the process. In gratitude, she offered her services in return.
Dyes functionality was added directly to her interface in patch 2.4.3, removing dyes from vendors. Gold prices for dyes remained unchanged.
Jahzia was originally intended to appear in Diablo III vanilla. She was cut after it was decided that her function was redundant in the game's customization system. Karyna originally referenced her in dialogue, but these lines were removed along with Jahzia.
At first, all of the services offered by the Mystic was available only to players who owned Reaper of Souls. However, as of patch 2.2.1 for the game, Myriam offers her services to classic players as well.
Personality and Traits
Jahzia is a wise and resourceful woman who spent many years harnessing her craft. The Sight is especially strong with her. Myriam has a very carefree attitude, insisting that The Nephalem take time to enjoy and live their life while they can. Usually, she is "not one for vengeance."
- Diablo III, Act II, Unexpected Allies
- Diablo III, Act II, The Road to Alcarnus
- Diablo III, Act II, The Black Soulstone
- Diablo III, Act IV, The Light of Hope
- 2013-10-24, Reaper of Souls First Look: The Mystic. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-25
- 2013-10-25, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls adds The Mystic to its Artisans. Polygon, accessed on 2013-10-26
- 2013-10-26, Mystic?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-26
- 2015-05-29, Mystic confusion.Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-05-29
- Diablo III, Act V
- Diablo III, Act I, Trailing the Coven