Visually, they have pale blue appearance, and boast no special abilities.
They are relatively rare compared to other types, but always drop a single non-combat pet (one for each player; just one for split screen on console), regardless of difficulty. The pet dropped is always a random one of those the player does not have as of yet, so on each kill, one is guaranteed to acquire a new pet, and after exactly 19 kills, gain a full collection. For details on farming, see the mini-guide on efficiently hunting the Menagerist goblins.
The dropped pets include:
- Blaze (flaming skull)
- Buddy (fallen hound)
- Charlotte (spider)
- Friendly Gauntlet (hand)
- Galthrak the Unhinged (crustacean demon)
- Grunkk (mini-Siegebreaker)
- Haunting Hannah (ghost)
- Humbart Wessel (arcane skull)
- Lady Morthanlu (khazra)
- Lamb (squire boy)
- Malfeasance (specter)
- Ms. Madeleine (doll)
- Overseer Lady Josephine (teddy bear)
- Queen of the Succubi (succubus)
- That Which Must Not be Named (mini-Cow King)
- The Bumble (yeti)
- The Mimic (chest)
- The Stomach (mini-Ghom)
- Unihorn (unicorn)
- Prior to patch 2.4.2, their map icon was identical to that of a normal Goblin.
- Their new icon and that of Rainbow Goblin are unique in that they rely on a symbol on their sacks instead of color, as with all other Goblin types.
- If player has collected all 19 pets, Menagerist will drop a standard Elite loot instead.
- From gameplay point of view, it is the only Goblin type that has absolutely zero increase (both in probability of appearing and in reward) for locating and killing it on any difficulty above Normal.