All set pieces are restricted to Necromancers. Even transmogrification of these items is only available to Necromancers.
Pieces[edit | edit source]
The set consists of six pieces, all six of which are required to complete it, and all six are Necromancer-restricted.
- Luxurious Bauta (Head)
- Lavishing Gloves (Hands)
- Sophistocated Vest (Torso)
- Extravagant Shoes (Feet)
- Elegant Pants (Legs)
- Glamorous Gigot (Shoulders)
- Simulacrums no longer take damage, gain all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed on death (2 pieces)
- While a Simulacrum is active, damage taken is reduced by 50%, and damage taken is split between the Necromancer and their Simulacrums (4 pieces)
- Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus (6 pieces)
For the first bonus, the Simulacrums will still be targetable and can take hits (and block pathing), but will not take any unsaved damage. Note that this set will be completely ineffective without the Haunted Visions that also makes Simulacrums permanent, i.e. last forever. It will also make Simulacrums teleport to the Necromancer if they venture too far away.
Due to gaining all runes, the Simulacrums will gain the following:
- Always summoned in a pair
- Saving the Necromancer from death by sacrificing themselves (note that this kills both of them)
- All Curses will be applied at once
- +100% maximum Essence
- -75% Life cost of Blood skills
Cooldown refreshment is not a combat trait: it simply serves as a quality of life addition, so if the Necromancer (not the Simulacrum) actually dies, they can resummon their Simulacrum immediately upon revival.
For the second bonus, unsaved damage is only split if taken by the Necromancer, any damage going into Simulacrums is ignored. Note that with the Unity and an undying follower, the two effects will stack, further reducing damage taken: with 2 Simulacrums and a follower, the total damage reduction will be 50%, another 50%, and 33.3%, to a total of just 8.3% damage taken, which can be further augmented with other items.
The third effect is multiplicative to other similar effects, including Gelmindor's Marrow Guards. A single cast of Bone Spear will thus create one Spear with 10,100% damage and two Spears with 30,300% damage each, to a total of x707 effective damage boost.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment. (2020, May 15). Patch 2.6.9 PTR Begins 5/21. Diablo III – Blog. Retrieved on 2020-05-15.