| Marked for Death|
Class: Demon Hunter
Required Level: 21
Skill Category: Hunting
Cost: 3 Discipline
Marks an enemy. The marked enemy takes 15% additional damage for the next 30 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
In-gameEditThe Demon Hunter marks an enemy for a quick death. This makes them suffer increased damage from all attacks for some time. There is no limit to the amount of targets that one may have marked at the same time. Visually, a glowing blood-red rune appears atop the target.
This skill has a very small (0.1 seconds) cooldown (to prevent double-casting).
- Contagion: When a marked enemy is killed before the mark has run its full course, it will spread the mark to the closest 3 enemies within 30 yards. This comes with a full duration refresh. This effect can chain repeatedly.
- Valley of Death: Marked for Death affects an area on the ground of 15 yard radius instead of an individual target. The duration is reduced to 15 seconds. Enemies take additional damage while standing in the area, and do not suffer individual debuffs.
- Grim Reaper: additional 15% of damage dealt to the marked enemy is also divided evenly among all enemies within 20 yards (excluding the primary target, which takes 15% increased damage anyway). Visually, it displays a dark circle on the ground that follows the target.
- Mortal Enemy: Every successful hit against the marked enemy by the Demon Hunter generates up to 4 Hatred for him/her, amount depends on the Proc Coefficient.
- Death Toll: All allied attackers heal for 3% of their maximum Life (reduced by Proc Coefficient of the skill) every time they land a damaging hit on the marked enemy.
- Calamity (Legendary Hand Crossbow): each enemy you hit automatically becomes Marked for Death, benefiting from skill rune, if any.
- Graphically, Marked for Death uses the very same rune that is applied to character skills.
- This skill bears some resemblance to the Hunter's Mark ability of Hunter characters in World of Warcraft.
- Shadow Clones in Realm of Terror will use this skill (with Valley of Death rune) against Demon Hunters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.