| Land of the Dead|
Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 38
Skill Category: Reanimation
Cooldown: 120 seconds
All corpse skills can be used at will for 10 seconds.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Shapeshift; Can be cast on the move; Does not interrupt casting
When cast, transforms the Necromancer into a dark figure for a short time. Visually, the 60 yards radius area (nearly the entire screen) around the Necromancer will be littered with dozens of graves (the zone follows the Necromancer if they move). Any area of the Land of the Dead targeted by a corpse-consuming skill will count as having up to 10 corpses, not consumed in the process.
Land of the Dead gives the Necromancer unlimited corpses for its duration. However, unlike other Shapeshift skills of other classes, it DOES NOT liberate or protect the character from Crowd Control effects.
- Frozen Lands: Enemies in the Land of the Dead are frozen while it lasts.
- Plaguelands: Land of the Dead deals 100% damage as Poison per tick to enemies in it's area. This effect can damage a maximum of 10 enemies simultaneously.
- Shallow Graves: While active, every 10 enemies killed extend the duration by 1 second, up to a maximum of additional 2 seconds.
- Invigoration: Skills cost no Essence while Land of the Dead is active.
- Land of Plenty: Heals the Necromancer for 2% of maximum Life whenever they kill an enemy while Land of the Dead is active.
- The Johnstone (Legendary Amulet): after it expires, Land of the Dead grants 50 stacks of Macabre Knowledge. Macabre Knowledge increases the damage of Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion by 150-200%. Can store up to 200 stacks.
- Bloodsong Mail (Legendary Chest Armor): while in Land of the Dead, Command Skeletons gains the effect of Enforcer, Frenzy, Dark Mending and Freezing Grasp runes and deals 100-125% increased damage.
- Halcyon's Ascent (Legendary Amulet): upon activation, causes nearby enemies to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): while at full Life, healing from Land of Plenty is added to maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% additional Life.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): healing from Land of Plenty is increased by 100%.
- Rathma's Shield: for 4 seconds after casting Land of the Dead, the Necromancer will lose no Life, both from attacks and from their own Blood skills.
- Although it was originally stated that Necromancers are not supposed to have a shapeshifting skill, Land of the Dead visually and functionally fulfills this role. The other class equivalents are: Vengeance (Demon Hunter), Akarat's Champion (Crusader), Wrath of the Berserker (Barbarian), Epiphany (Monk), Angry Chicken (Witch Doctor) and Archon (Wizard).