A Ko rune is a low-mid rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Ko runes are useful as part of the Heart of the Oak rune word, and in open and ladder games, upgrading unique armor to elite versions.
Effects[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||+10 To Dexterity|
|Body armor or helm||+10 To Dexterity|
|Shield||+10 To Dexterity|
Socketing an item with a Ko rune increases the item's level requirement to 39, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on hell difficulty can include Ko runes.
The Hellforge on nightmare or hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Ko rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 2 (N) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Ko rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Ko runes are used in ten rune words.
- Destruction 'VexLoBerJahKo' polearm or sword (ladder only)
- Harmony 'TirIthSolKo' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Heart of the Oak 'KoVexPulThul' staff or mace
- Lawbringer 'AmnLemKo' sword, hammer or scepter (ladder only)
- Melody 'ShaelKoNef' missile weapon
- Obedience 'HelKoThulEthFal' polearm (ladder only)
- Rift 'HelKoLemGul' polearm or scepter (ladder only)
- Sanctuary 'KoKoMal' off-hand armor
- Voice of Reason 'LemKoElEld' sword or mace (ladder only)
- Wealth 'LemKoTir' body armor
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Ko runes are used in three Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Ko runes and a flawed sapphire to create one Fal rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Transmute an exceptional unique armor, a Ko rune, a Lem rune, and a perfect diamond to upgrade the unique armor's base weapon type to its elite version. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Transmute an exceptional rare armor, a Ko rune, a Pul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its elite version.