A Jah rune is a high rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Although Jah is not the rarest rune, it is among the most valuable, due to its use in popular rune words such as Enigma.
|Weapon||Ignore Target's Defense|
|Body armor or helm||Increase Maximum Life 5%|
Socketing an item with a Jah rune increases the item's level requirement to 65, unless it was already higher.
The Act 4 (H) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Jah rune, as does the Act 5 (H) Good treasure class.
Jah runes are used in ten rune words.
- Brand 'JahLoMalGul' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Destruction 'VexLoBerJahKo' polearm or sword (ladder only)
- Dream 'IoJahPul' helm or off-hand armor (ladder only)
- Enigma 'JahIthBer' body armor
- Faith 'OhmJahLemEld' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Famine 'FalOhmOrtJah' axe or hammer
- Fury 'JahGulEth' melee weapon
- Ice 'AmnShaelJahLo' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Last Wish 'JahMalJahSurJahBer' sword, hammer or axe (ladder only)
- Phoenix 'VexVexLoJah' weapon or off-hand armor (ladder only)
Jah runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Jah runes and a flawless ruby to create one Cham rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)
- Prior to Patch 1.09, Jah Runes were called Jo, and also used to "Freeze Target" when socketed in weapons.
- Jah is the only Rune that more or less resembles a real-world Norse rune, specifically Mannaz.