|Weapon||20% Bonus To Attack Rating|
|Body armor or helm||5% To Maximum Poison Resist|
|Shield||5% To Maximum Poison Resist|
Socketing an item with a Gul rune increases the item's level requirement to 53, unless it was already higher.
The Hellforge on hell difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop a Gul rune as part of its quest reward. Gul is the highest rune that hell Hellforge can drop.
The Act 1 (H) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a Gul rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Gul runes are used in six rune words.
- Brand 'JahLoMalGul' missile weapon (ladder only)
- Death 'HelElVexOrtGul' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Fury 'JahGulEth' melee weapon
- Kingslayer 'MalUmGulFal' sword or axe
- Principle 'RalGulEld' body armor
- Rift 'HelKoLemGul' polearm or scepter (ladder only)
Gul runes are used in one Horadric Cube recipe.
- Transmute two Gul runes and a normal ruby to create one Vex rune. (single-player, open or ladder only)