All set pieces are restricted to Demon Hunters. Even transmogrification of these items is only available to Demon Hunters.
The set consists of six pieces, all six of which are required to complete it, and all six are Demon Hunter-restricted.
- Antique Vintage Boots (Boots)
- Cold Cathode Trousers (Pants)
- Galvanized Vest (Cloak)
- Dystopian Goggles (Helm)
- Mechanical Pauldrons (Pauldrons)
- Gas Powered Automail Forearm (Gloves)
- Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, up to a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per second of Momentum. (2 pieces)
- Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used Primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while Strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you move 8% faster per second of Momentum. (4 pieces)
- Your primary skills deal 10,000% more damage. (6 pieces)
For the first bonus, Momentum applies when casting the ability (but only once per cast), and is a singular buff that affects all Primary skills at once.
However, there is a limit on how many Primary skill projectiles this effect can benefit at a time; if too many of them are out, new ones will not grant Momentum stacks until the old ones despawn. This is not often an issue with most skills, but with Hungering Arrow (which can pierce multiple times and, with some items, forever) this may force the character to take a pause.
For the second bonus, it is able to proc some bonuses and other powers with the Strafe-fired Primary skills, but not all of them.
Effects that do trigger:
- Hatred generation (only if it hits anything; also allows to Strafe forever while shooting Primary abilities)
- Simplicity's Strength healing bonus
- Wraps of Clarity (only if it hits anything)
- All direct damage bonuses
- All Legendary powers such as Odyssey's End or The Ninth Cirri Satchel
- All Skill runes and all their modifiers
Effects that do NOT trigger:
- Momentum (the first bonus)
- Bastions of Will generating effect (it will only trigger the spending effect due to Strafe itself)
- Life on Hit
Momentum also weakens over time, therefore every once in a while the Demon Hunter will have to cast their Primary skill manually.
The per second of Momentum speed/damage bonus is different from the original 'per stack' one: it means +8% and +10% for each remaining second of Momentum, up to 20, that is, up to +160% speed and +200% damage. For convenience, the remaining duration is displayed as stacks on the buff itself.
- The idea for this set possibly comes from the Diablo II early combination of Pierce and Guided Arrow, providing a very similar spam with devastating effect.