Class: Wizard (Diablo III)
Required Level: 22
Skill Category: Conjuration
Active / Passive
Cost: 20 Arcane Power
Summon a Familiar that attacks your enemies for 240% damage as Arcane. This companion cannot be targeted or damaged by enemies. Lasts 10 minutes.
Damage Type: Arcane
Other Stats: Does not interrupt casting; Can be cast on the move; Unattackable; Summon
Summons a Familiar, a companion that always follows the Wizard and cannot be damaged or targeted by enemies. Upon every attack or any offensive skill cast (even if this skill does not hit anything), Familiar fires a fast missile in the same direction as the Wizard is facing, hitting one enemy for Arcane damage. Cannot launch more than one missile per attack period and does not trigger off non-damaging spells. Does not count as Armor spell, so can be summoned even while any other Conjuration spell is active. Familiar cannot be 'unsummoned' at will.
Familiar's missiles have zero proc coefficient, but effects that are guaranteed to trigger on elemental damage attack, will do so from the Familiar's attacks as well. Moreover, effects of the Magic Weapon skill will trigger properly from Familiar's attacks.
- Sparkflint: changes damage type to Fire, and increases total damage done by the Wizard by 10%. This bonus is not multiplicative to other damage modifiers.
- Icicle: changes damage type to Cold, and Familiar's attacks have a 35% chance to Freeze enemy for 1 second.
- Ancient Guardian: while the Wizard is below 50% Life, Familiar will completely absorb any incoming attack once every 6 seconds. This can even absorb attacks that normally kill the player instantly regardless of current Life, like Rakanoth's backstab, but has no effect on periodic damage.
- Arcanot: also increases Arcane Power regeneration by 4.5 per second.
- Cannoneer: Familiar's missiles explode on impact, dealing damage to all enemies within 6 yards of the target.