An Eth rune is a low rune which can be socketed into equipment in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Some popular rune words use Eth runes, but the value of Eth runes is limited by how frequently they drop.
Effects[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||−25% To Target Defense|
|Body armor or helm||Regenerate Mana 15%|
|Shield||Regenerate Mana 15%|
Socketing an item with an Eth rune increases the item's level requirement to 15, unless it was already higher.
Sources[edit | edit source]
The Countess's extra rune drops on any difficulty can include Eth runes.
The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 in 11 chance to drop an Eth rune as part of its quest reward.
The Act 3 Good treasure class has a chance to drop an Eth rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
Rune Words[edit | edit source]
Eth runes are used in twelve rune words.
- Bramble 'RalOhmSurEth' body armor
- Breath of the Dying 'VexHelElEldZodEth' weapon
- Fury 'JahGulEth' melee weapon
- Grief 'EthTirLoMalRal' sword or axe (ladder only)
- Holy Thunder 'EthRalOrtTal' scepter
- Malice 'IthElEth' melee weapon
- Memory 'LumIoSolEth' staff
- Obedience 'HelKoThulEthFal' polearm (ladder only)
- Rhyme 'ShaelEth' off-hand armor
- Splendor 'EthLum' off-hand armor
- Stealth 'TalEth' body armor
- Zephyr 'OrtEth' missile weapon
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Eth runes are used in five Horadric Cube recipes.
- Transmute three Eth runes to create one Ith rune.
- Transmute a magic gothic shield or exceptional/elite version (ancient shield or ward), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power shield.
- Transmute magic light plated boots or exceptional/elite version (battle boots or mirrored boots), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect ruby to create crafted Blood boots.
- Transmute a magic small shield or exceptional/elite version (round shield or luna), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster shield.
- Transmute a magic breast plate or exceptional/elite version (cuirass or great hauberk), a jewel, an Eth rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety body armor.