Requires: 68 Magic
Cost: 35 Mana (-2 per Spell Level, minimum 20)
Summons a fiery apparition that charges an enemy and engulfs them in flames.
Damage Type: Fire
Elemental is a Fire spell in Diablo I.
When cast, this spell creates an elemental being in form of a humanoid figure of fire. The elemental will then quickly run towards the selected target and explode, hitting them for high Fire damage. Both damage and speed grow with Character and Spell Levels. It can hit a second foe (but only a total of two), if one is very close to the primary target.
Elemental is capable of hitting enemies around corners, pursues its prey if target moves, and if cast in an open space, it seeks out a target on its own, homing at the first foe it sees.
It does roughly half the damage of a Fireball, and only damages up to 2 targets, but can hit targets out of line of sight and homes at enemies. However, its high Mana cost and Magic requirements limit its usefulness.
Elemental splash damage is 1/64th of the total damage. It is applied each .05 seconds for .7 seconds (14 tries) and is not blockable. Thus, as is the case with Fireball, the splash damage from an Elemental will deal damage even if the spell itself is blocked.
- Minimum Damage: Rec(Spell Level, 4 + 2 x Character Level)
- Maximum Damage: Rec(Spell Level, 40 + 2 x Character Level)
- Quick Min. Damage: (4 + 2 x Character Level) x (9/8)^Spell Level
- Quick Max. Damage: (40 + 2 x Character Level) · (9/8)^Spell Level
- Real Damage: Rec(Spell Level, 2 x (Random[1-10]+Random[1-10]+Character Level) + 4)/2
Rec stands for Recursive function.