| Dragon Talon|
Required Level: 1
Skill Tree: Martial Arts
Cost: 6 Mana
Attacks an enemy with a flurry of kicks.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Finishing Move
An Assassin is taught to utilize her entire body as a weapon. Using this skill, she lets loose a powerful kick to send her opponents flying.
- Gives synergy to: None
- Receives synergy from: None
This ability is a Finishing Move. Finishing moves release the effects of any charges from Charge-up Skills on the target in addition to its own effects.
Dragon Talon releases accumulated charges through a powerful kick. Additional points invested in the skill causes the user to kick multiple times. Only the first kick gets the benefits of the charge-up skills. Subsequent kicks in the sequence just do the normal damage from the boots. Unlike skills such as Zeal, this skill does not retarget if the enemy is dead or relocated, but leaves the Assassin kicking into space.
The damage inflicted by each Dragon Talon kick is based on the type of boots worn. The current weapon equipped does not affect the damage calculation at all (though other secondary effects may still apply - see below.)
Properties that work with kicks:
- Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Slows Target
- All Elemental Damage (not displayed on the character screen)
- Life/Mana steal and Life/Mana after kills
- %Chance to Cast on Attack/Strike
- +% Damage (except from weapon)
- +AR (except on your weapon)
- +% AR (from anywhere)
- Blind, Freeze, Prevent Monster Heal
- Magic find and Gold find
Properties that do not work with kicks:
- Deadly/Critical Strike
- Enhanced Damage from equipment (if it works it doesn't display on character screen)
- +% Damage to Demons/Undead
- + Min / Max damage (so no 3/20/20 charms for kickers)
- Claw Mastery bonuses (Boots are not Claws!)
- Melee mods such as IAS, Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, prevent monster heal, life leech, etc. are not applied from the secondary claw (in a Dual-Claw setup).
Dragon Talon can be the third-fastest attack in the game (behind only Whirlwind which is a 2-frame attack, and Strafe which has more attacks at 3 frames), attacking at a potential 3-frame rate for followup kicks. This makes an Assassin specializing in Dragon Talon an exceptional boss-killer, as she can apply many Crushing Blow hits to the boss at an extremely fast rate.
Charge-up skills aren't very useful for a kicker Assassin — she deals more damage just repeatedly attacking with Dragon Talon than she can by charging up anything.
Dragon Talon has an extremely high AR bonus, and benefits little from items boosting AR.
Mana Cost: 6
|Number of Kicks||1||1||1||1||1||2||2||2||2||2||2|
|Number of Kicks||3||3||3||3||3||3||4||4||4||5|