|This page is a Rat's Nest!|
This article does not meet the standards of the Diablo Wiki and needs a clean up.
Tall box version
This version of the Battle Chest is a large, portrait-oriented box. It contains the original Diablo game, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, a 288-page BradyGames Ultimate Strategy Guide, and manuals for both Diablo II and its expansion.
Wide box versions
This is a landscape-oriented box, and is the more common Battle Chest. There are at least three known US versions in this format. The US Battle Chests were also distributed in Australia, with Australian classification stickers attached to the boxes.
- The first and oldest version contains the original Diablo game, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, the Ultimate Strategy Guide, and manuals for both Diablo II and its expansion. The game discs in this version are stored in jewel cases with inserts. The European English release of this version is packaged in a two-piece box format instead of a tuck box.
- The second version contains the same contents as the first version, in addition to a new, updated Blizzard product catalog (the exact year of the included catalog varies) and a World of Warcraft Trial Edition DVD-ROM. The Diablo game discs in this version are stored in black sleeves, with an insert included for the original Diablo. The box of this version differs slightly from the previous version. The covers shown on the box art are spaced farther apart; for example, the full Lord of Destruction cover is now visible, and the "o" in the "Diablo" logo on its cover is no longer obscured by the Diablo II cover. Also, the dimensions of each game manual, along with the box itself, are now smaller.
- The third and most recent version contains Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, the Ultimate Strategy Guide, and each game's manual. The original Diablo is not included in this version, and its cover is absent from the chest's box art. The Trial Edition DVD-ROM for World of Warcraft was replaced with two guest passes that can be redeemed on the Warcraft website. The Battle Chest's system requirements were also updated to include support for Windows Vista operating systems. The cost from Blizzard's online store was $39.99, although it has since been removed and can only be bought from Amazon or gaming retailers.
- A European version containing a bonus Diablo II soundtrack CD was released with localized packaging for Germany, Italy, and Spain. The original Diablo was not included in this version.
Keep case version
A Diablo II compilation packaged in a regular DVD case was released in Europe. This version is titled Diablo II Gold Edition by online retailers, and contains Diablo II and its expansion along with a single introductory booklet. Unlike the boxed Battle Chest, this version does not contain the strategy guide or the physical versions of the game manuals. The games' system requirements were again updated, this time adding support for Windows 7 operating systems.
- The back cover of the new Battle Chest still reads, "The Complete, Award-Winning Diablo Saga", despite the fact the original Diablo is not included. This text was changed for the European DVD case release, where "Complete" was replaced with "Ultimate".