The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
| Corpse Explosion|
Class: Necromancer (Diablo III)
Required Level: 4
Skill Category: Corpses
Target an area exploding up to 5 corpses within 11 yards, each dealing 350% damage as Physical to enemies within 20 yards.
Damage Type: Physical
Other Stats: Requires a corpse
Corpses are not detonated all at once, but rather in a quick chain reaction. Mouse cursor will highlight the corpses that will be detonated if the spell is cast at this specific point.
- Bloody Mess: Explosion radius of each individual corpse increases to 25 yards. Radius of the cast area does not change.
- Close Quarters: Damage type changes to Poison, damage of each corpse increases to 525% as Poison, and the spell will now explode corpses close to the Necromancer instead of those in the targeted area. Cast area does not change; it will always be placed on top of the Necromancer.
- Shrapnel: Damage type changes to Poison, and corpses will explode away from the Necromancer, hitting all targets in a short cone instead of circular blast. The cone is roughly 30 degrees wide, 30 yards long, and projects a fast-moving wave.
- Dead Cold: Damage type changes to Cold, and also Freezes all enemies caught in the explosion for 2 seconds.
- Final Embrace: Corpses pull themselves towards the nearest enemy before exploding, but Corpse Explosion will cost 2% of maximum Life per corpse to cast. Visually, each corpse will be transformed into a bloody minion similar to Tormented Stinger, which will then rush to the location of the nearest prey before detonating.
- The Johnstone (Legendary Amulet): Land of the Dead grants 50 stacks of Macabre Knowledge when it expires. Macabre Knowledge increases the damage of Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion by 150-200%. Can store up to 200 stacks.
- Grasps of Essence (Legendary Gloves): when an Exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, Corpse Explosion deals 75-100% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Corpsewhisper Pauldrons (Legendary Pauldrons): Corpse Lance damage is increased by 25-30% for 3 seconds for each corpse consumed by any skill, stacking up to 20 times.
- Trag'Oul's Avatar Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): Final Embrace deals 3800% increased damage. Healing from skills is increased by 100%.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): each corpse consumed fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 4 items): each enemy hit by Corpse Explosion reduces the Necromancer's damage taken by 2% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 50%.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): increases damage by 1650%, and each corpse consumed grants an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of the next Bone Spear by 3300%. Can store up to 100 charges, each cast consuming 1 charge.
- Fueled by Death: grants 3% increased movement speed for 5 seconds, stacking up to 10 times, for each Exploded corpse.
- Life from Death: each Exploded corpse has a 20% chance to create a Health Globe.
- Blood for Blood: removes the Life cost of Final Embrace rune when picking up a Health Globe, storing up to 10 charges.
- Blood is Power: every 100% of maximum Life drained by the Final Embrace rune will reduce all remaining cooldowns by 20%.
- Rathma's Shield: for 4 seconds after casting Land of the Dead, Army of the Dead or Simulacrum, Final Embrace rune will drain no Life on cast.
- The ability was the first skill chosen for the Necromancer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.