Stats[edit | edit source]
Strength: Enough to equip desired gear.
Dexterity: If choosing a shield for this build, add enough dexterity to bring block to 75%, otherwise, enough to equip desired gear.
Energy: Any respectable Concentrator should ignore Energy completely, as Concentrate has a very small cost of Mana.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Primary Skills[edit | edit source]
These skills should have a 20 point investment:
- Concentrate: Main Attack.
- Battle Orders: Synergy skill. Also convenient since this skill is popular for the life and mana boost.
- Bash: Synergy skill.
- Weapon Mastery: While defense is key with this build, the critical strike chance as well as the attack and damage bonus are also great perks.
Prerequisite and Secondary Skills[edit | edit source]
- Berserk (1+): Synergy skill for Concentrate. On its own, it deals 100% magic damage, useful for physical immunes and being cursed with Iron Maiden (reduced to hostile Necromancers in PvP), its drawback being that the player's defense drops to zero for a short duration. Although 1% magic damage is considered quite small, fully investing in Berserk might add enough pure magic damage to avoid having to switch directly to this skill, but it would take up a lot of skill points a player might wish to invest elsewhere.
- Howl (1): Prerequisite for Battle Orders. Has use in breaking up mobs of monsters in melee.
- Shout (1+): Increases party's defense, quite useful and doesn't suffer the diminishing returns found on many other skills. Prerequisite for Battle Orders.
- Stun (1): Prerequisite for Concentrate
Optional Skills[edit | edit source]
- Iron Skin (1+): Passively boosts defense. Also has linear progression.
- Natural Resistance (1+): Passively boosts resistances. It is not recommended to invest more than two points due to the steep diminishing returns after level 2.
- Battle Command (1): Boosts skill levels. Most only ever put one point due to the fact the skill bonus is only one point regardless of investment.
- Increased Stamina (1): Entirely optional, but usually taken as a prerequisite for the Increased Speed skill.
- Increased Speed (1): Entirely optional, but having a natural boost to the character's walk/run speed has its perks
- Taunt (1): Prerequisite for Battle Cry and/or War Cry. Causes monsters to melee with the characters, meaning that non-unique ranged monsters will walk up and attack at melee range.
- Battle Cry (1): This skill not only penalizes an opponent's attack power, but also their defense rating, and virtually nothing can be immune to its effect. It can be overridden with a curse, but if a player is running solo or without the aid of a Necromancer, this can help a player hit monsters.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Arreat's Face: +2 All Skills, Life Steal, Resistances, Bonus to Attack Rating.
- Guillaume's Face: Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike.
- Crown of Ages: +1 To All Skills, Damage Reduction, Resistances, Socketed.
- Vampire Gaze: Dual leech, Damage Reduction.
- Stealskull: Increased attack speed, Dual Leech.
- Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest: Dual Leech, Resistances.
- Crown of Thieves: Life Steal, Fire Resistance.
- Fortitude: 300% Enhanced Damage, Faster Cast Rate, Resistances.
- Chains of Honor: +2 all skills, resistances, damage bonuses.
- Duress: Enhanced damage, Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Resistances.
- Nosferatu's Coil: Increased attack speed, life leech and slows target.
- String of Ears: Physical damage reduction and life leech.
- Arachnid Mesh: +1 to all skills, slows target and mana related skills.
- Steelrend: Enhanced damage and crushing blow.
- Laying of Hands: +350% damage vs. Demons.
- Dracul's Grasp: Open Wounds, Massive life leech.
- Soul Drainer: Dual leech and Lowers Monster Defense.
- The Hand of Broc: Dual leech. Also easy to find.
- Gore Rider: Open Wounds, Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike.
- War Traveler: Damage and stats bonuses. Magic find.
- Highlord's Wrath: +1 All Skills, Increased Attack Speed and Deadly Strike.
- Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band: +1 to all skills and Life-related bonuses.
- Raven Frost: Cannot be frozen, bonuses to dexterity and attack rating.
- Weapon (Two-Handed)
- Weapon (One-Handed)