Diablo Wiki
Advertisement

Champion monsters are the chosen heroes amongst their kind.

Diablo II

Champions appear like normal monsters, but with a random color palette like Uniques. In addition their names appear in blue text. They travel in packs of 2-4 and are more powerful than regular monsters: they take more hits to kill, do more damage, and have various bonuses depending on the champion type. Though they are more difficult to defeat, the rewards for killing champions are worthwhile to say the least. They have a 20% percent chance to spawn instead of Unique, and their minions have the bonuses of Unique minion. All champions have these bonuses:

  • They can't frozen, only chilled,
  • Ignore Target Defense doesn't work on them but -% to target defense does work,
  • Open Wounds drains only half the life it normally does,
  • Stun by skills like Bash and other works only with 10% chance on them.

Champion Attributes

In the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction expansion, Champions appear in several variations: Ghostly Champions, Fanatic Champions, Berserker Champions and Possessed Champions.

Ghostly Champions

Ghostly Champions appear ethereal. Their walking speed is reduced by 50%. They have a rough 20% chance to deal Cold Damage, and their Physical Resistance is set to 80%.

Fanatic Champions

Fanatic Champions are extremely fast as they have an 100% speed increase. You are however more likely to hit them: they have -70% to Defense.

Berserker Champions

Berserkers can deal massive damage (their damage output is multiplied as is their Attack Rating). Their low life is usually their weakness: it's advised to take them out as quickly as possible.

Possessed Champions

Possessed Champions have massive health. In addition, as their soul isn't their own, they cannot by affected by Curses.

Diablo III

Champion monsters appear in Diablo III as a group of monsters with a blue glow and blue names. They have more health and hit harder than normal monsters, but have a higher chance to drop loot when they are killed. The packs range from three to five monsters (very rarely two or six), usually they spawn in packs of three. Three affixes only appear on champion monsters: Avenger, Fire Chains and Health Link.

See Also

Advertisement