"Open an inn in New Tristram, they said. It'll be easy and relaxing, they said."
"This is killing business."
Bron lived in New Tristram long enough to see the town's share of misfortune. He got on well with Deckard Cain, and used to talk with the scholar for hours.
With the coming of the Fallen Star, New Tristram came under attack by the undead, and Bron's inn became a shelter for the wounded. With the aid of the Nephalem, the town was saved, though Cain was among the casualties. Although he tried to hide it, Bron was deeply affected by his death.
Bron was originally the first merchant available to the player, but recent patches have rendered him useless as he can no longer sell any goods. He used to sell healing potions, along with performing repair services.
- "Welcome to the Slaughtered Calf Inn. Bring me whatever treasures you have no use for. I'll give you a bit of coin to save up for your casket."
- "See, the problem is they never should have named this place New "Tristram." We wouldn't be getting attacked all the time if we were called, oh, I don't know, New Wellington, would we?"
- "As you can see, business is atrocious. It must be the end times if people won’t even drown their sorrows in drink."
- "Let's see...rampaging khazra, dark strangers appearing after a mysterious fire in the sky...oh, and, uh, miscellaneous tomfoolery. Just another happy day in New Tristram. So, whatcha' havin' today?"
- "I heard about Deckard Cain. I don't know what to say. I really liked him. Used to talk with him for hours about his life and everything...I, uh, excuse me. I have something in my eye..."