| Blessed Shield|
Class: Crusader (Diablo III)
Required Level: 20
Skill Category: Secondary
Cost: 20 Wrath
Hurl your shield, dealing 430% damage as Holy plus 250% of shield Block Chance as Holy damage. The shield will ricochet to 3 nearby enemies.
Damage Type: Holy
Other Stats: Requires Shield; Destroys corpses
Blessed Shield is a Secondary Crusader skill.
The shield strikes a total of 4 enemies, following the chain lightning pattern. Maximum range of both hurl and ricochets is approximately 60 yards. The animation of the shield returning to the Crusader is purely cosmetic: it deals no damage. Shield cannot ricochet to an enemy it has already hit during that particular cast.
- Staggering Shield: damage type changes to Lightning, and the shield has a chance to stun each enemy hit for 2 seconds. The first enemy has a 35% chance to be stunned, each next enemy hit reduces the chance to stun by 5%.
- Combust: damage type changes to Fire, and the shield has a 33% chance to explode on impact, dealing 310% damage as Fire to all enemies within 10 yards.
- Divine Aegis: damage type changes to Physical, and for each enemy hit, increases Armor and Life regeneration by 5% for 4 seconds. This effect is refreshed on hit by each cast, keeping the bonus from the cast with the highest number of hits.
- Shattering Throw: the shield no longer ricochets, splitting into three minor shields instead. Each minor shield ricochets separately up to 3 times, dealing 170% damage as Holy per hit. Each shield is directed in a different tri-point direction with slight auto-targeting, and can ricochet between targets already hit by a shield from the same cast.
- Piercing Shield: the shield no longer bounces, but pierces through all enemies with a 50% chance of knocking them aside for up to 20 yards.
- Gyrfalcon's Foote (Legendary Flail): increases damage by 275-350% and reduces Wrath cost to zero, making the skill free to cast.
- Akkhan's Leniency (Legendary Two-Handed Flail): each enemy hit by a shield adds a stacking buff that increases damage done by Blessed Shield by 35-40%. Each stack has its own 3 second duration which expires separately from the others.
- Akkhan's Manacles (Legendary Bracers): the first enemy hit by Blessed Shield suffers 400-500% increased damage.
- Jekangbord (Legendary Crusader Shield): increases damage by 300-400% and the number of ricochets by 6. The latter has no effect on Piercing Shield rune, and with Shattering Throw, increases number of ricochets of each minor shield, not the amount of minor shields the primary shield splits into.
- Towering Shield: increases damage by 20%.
- The manner in which the shield is thrown is a possible reference to Captain America.