Class: Barbarian (Diablo III)
Required Level: 61
Skill Category: Might
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Cause a massive avalanche of rocks to fall on an area dealing 2400% damage as Physical to all enemies caught in its path.
Cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every 25 Fury spent by the Barbarian.
Damage Type: Physical
Avalanche allows the Barbarian to let out a huge roar and call down a pile of rock and debris to fall from above. The area is roughly 15 yards in radius, and can be summoned anywhere within 60 yards of the Barbarian. The damage is not instant, but rather dealt over 4 seconds.
- Volcano: Damage type changes to Fire, and instead of calling a rockfall, creates a small volcano. It spits molten rocks at random points within 20 yards, dealing 6600% damage as Fire over 5 seconds. Each rock hits a small area (5 yards radius) (unlocked at level 62).
- Lahar: Reduces the amount of Fury that must be spent to reduce the cooldown by 1 second to 15 (unlocked at level 63).
- Snow-Capped Mountain: Damage type changes to Cold, and instead of calling a rockfall, creates two clashing waves roughly 20 yards long and 20 yards apart that move towards one another. Enemies caught between the two waves are pulled in the middle every second, and are Chilled by 60% for 3 seconds. Total damage and duration are changed to 2800% over 3 seconds (unlocked at level 67).
- Tectonic Rift: Stores up to 3 charges of Avalanche at a time, gaining one charge every 30 seconds; time to recharge is still reduced by spending Fury (unlocked at level 67).
- Glacier: Damage type changes to Cold, and affected enemies are also Frozen for 4 seconds (unlocked at level 69).
- Dread Iron (Legendary Belt): Ground Stomp also summons an Avalanche at the same location, ignoring cooldown of the regular skill, and increases Avalanche damage by +150-200%.
- Blade of the Tribes (Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon): War Cry and Threatening Shout summon an Avalanche.
- Might of the Earth Set (Set Bonus for 2 items): reduces the remaining cooldown by 1 second for every 30 Fury spent. This effect stacks with the similar reduction in-built into Avalanche.
- Might of the Earth Set (Set Bonus for 6 items): increases damage by 20000%.